The Island Sports Center's Skating School Programs are committed to providing skaters, ages 3 through adult, with the basic ice skating skills that are necessary to skate safely and competently, whether for figure skating, ice hockey or recreation.
TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES: LOG-IN TO REGISTER ON-LINE OR CALL: 412.397.3335 Press "0" to be connected to Customer Service Desk.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CLASSES 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SESSION.
Please see "Related Links" on the left of this page for schedules and additional information.
Please Note the Following Changes to the Class Schedule for the Early Spring - Summer Sessions:
After the Winter Session of Saturday classes - there will be a break until April 18 for the Saturday class ONLY - All other classes will be offered for the Spring Session (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.) This break is due to limited ice availability on Saturdays due to competitions, tournaments and holidays. See UPDATED schedule in the "Related Links" section to the left or the updated brochure below.
2014-15 Skating School Updated 2.4.15: Brochure - Class Schedules & Fees (pdf)
Please Note: Classes have a limited number of spaces and tend to fill-up prior to the first day of classes. Please register early to ensure a spot for your skater(s).
Skaters who are currently enrolled in the Skating School program DO NOT need to wait for their evaluation/testing to register for the next session of classes.
- To provide a fun and safe skating experience for the beginner as well as the more advanced skater
- To teach correct technique of the basic elements of ice skating
- To develop a sense of coordination and balance on the ice
- To promote physical fitness in a group atmosphere
- To have FUN!
Skating School Class Benefits
Ice Skating Institute's (ISI) basic ice skating skills curriculum
Skill level evaluation and testing
ISI merit badges and test certificate for each skill level successfully completed
Free skate rental
Public skating session following Learn to Skate Class is included
- Little Stars Programs: Ages 3 - 5: Tot 1, 2, 3, 4 & Tot Pre-Alpha
- Level 1 Class: Tots, Pre-Alpha & Alpha
- Level 2 Class: Beta, Gamma, Delta
Skating School Policies
- Pre-registration 7 days before the first day of class, as indicated on the registration form, will receive a $10.00 discount
- Full payment with registration is required to enroll in Skating School Program
- Class size is limited and enrollment will be on a first come, first served basis
- A minimum of 3 students must be enrolled at each level or classes will be combined
- Additional family members enrolled in the same Skating School Program series will receive a 10% discount on program cost
- Students must attend the same class day and time in which they are registered throughout the program series
- Open enrollment is available throughout the program series, provided space is available. The cost will be prorated accordingly.
- Make-up classes are limited to ONE within a program series and must be completed BEFORE the end of the registered series. There are no refunds or credits if a student is unable to attend the make-up class. A make-up class is not permitted for missing the Bring a Friend Skate.
To register for any of the Skating School programs including: Learn to Skate Level 1 & 2 and Little Stars programs, please contact the customer service desk by calling: 412.397.3335 - press "0" to be connected to the Customer Service Desk . If they are not with another customer, they will be able to take your call and register the skater(s) over the phone with a credit card. Full payment is due at time of registration. You may also register in person by going to the main desk at the Island Sports Center.
Additional questions may be directed to Skating Director, Beth Sutton: 412.397.4469 or email@example.com